Force Multiplier: What Social Business Can Do When You Think Big
In their comprehensive 2012 industry report, The Social Economy, the McKinsey Global Institute indicates that “between $900 billion and $1.3 trillion in value can be unlocked through the use of social technologies”. That figure is simply staggering, but how exactly does one tap into such tremendous potential value?
The answer lies in applying social business holistically to your organization, not simply as a point solution to a singular use case or functional group constrained to the likes of say just customer support or just product development. Imagine for a moment the ubiquitous application of social business to your organization where in true Gestalt fashion, the resulting value “whole” comes to far exceed the sum of its individual “parts”.
It’s not a psychological pipe dream. I can say that because we are driving this business transformation at Schneider Electric everyday by enabling social business to act in its truest form, as a force multiplier, through application to this multitude of use cases and functional groups, all aimed at engaging customers & partners, driving growth, and increasing profits:
- Customer support via open crowdsourced solutions and private case ticketing
- Partner enablement via centralized collateral repository, and collaborative group areas
- Product innovation via open ideation and private product advisory boards
- Online education via interactive learning groups, rich media sharing, tips & tricks blog
- Events execution via unified promotional areas and tailored pre/during/post conference groups
- Developer engagement via unified technical library and interactive solution/product forums
- Project collaboration via centralized content repository and private group interaction
- Sales prospecting via private deal rooms for clients and partners
- Marketing promotion via targeted campaign exposure and thought leadership engagement
Come see first-hand the possibilities of unlocking that massive potential value reported by research experts like McKinsey, and enable social business to become a force multiplier for your organization.