Slides hosted on www.slideshare.net)
Yourniversity is a social user driven platform that promotes transparency. It was created to provide potential students a real look at life as a student at Aarhus University.
As a university you are obliged to teach and guide students. And part of the guidance is to be honest. Something that might scare some people off, but appeal to others. After all, the goal is to attract the right students and avoid dropouts later on. But what happens if you open up and let students define the content through social media like Instagram and Twitter.
This talk will
- Demonstrate what happens when you let more than 40.000 students define the content
- Deliver key insights on how to engage digital natives
Facts abouts Yourniversity
- 12 students were invited to be ambassadors in December 2013. They were equipped with an iPhone and through workshops we gave them the opportunity to define the content and create hashtags
- Today 7000 pictures, movie clips and tweets have been shared on Instagram and Twitter by more than 1000 students
- We ask the students to tag Instagram photos and tweets with certain hashtags
- We have created custom search filters that allow us to collect all the stories on a campaign site and for use in student guidance material and for use in campaign material such as print, billboards, digital ads and more
- Yourniversity was shortlisted in to categories at the Rambuk 2014, the Danish media awards: Campaign of the year and Content activation
Campaign site: Youniversity.dk or yourniversity.dk/en/
Explore on Instagram and Twiiter: #yourniversity, #aarhusuni